Add a thumbmnail picture here
How Canada's agrifood industry adapts to next-generation technology will help shape the country's global role in a post-pandemic decade.
Olds College and its supporters are convening a series of important dialogues, focusing on the opportunities and challenges for agricultural technologies in a post-pandemic world. Subject matter experts will discuss agtech's complexity in a way that frames future opportunities but practically addresses many of the important challenges from adoption to return on investment. These dialogues occur within the larger context of Canada's role in a global agrifood nexus and what the country has to do to keep pace with its international competition. The discussions will touch on a broad spectrum of technology applications, from machine learning and artificial intelligence to in-field sensors and remote connectivity.
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
9:00 am - 10:00 am (MDT)
8:00 am - 9:00 am (PDT)
11:00 am - 12:00 pm (EDT)
- Stacy Felkar, AgSmart (Welcome Remarks)
- Jason Lenz, Owner & Partner, Lenz Farms | Director, Alberta Wheat Commission & Canada Grains Council
- Jeff Carlson, CEO, Kneehill Soil Services
- Sandy Russell, Partner Spring Creek Land & Cattle Consulting
- Dr. Joy Agnew, Associate Vice President, Applied Research, Centre of Innovation (Moderator)
In Partnership with: